Igniting wood, pellets and other biomass fuels with alumina ceramic hot surface igniters/heater
Pellet System Applications Igniters PSx ®
Igniting wood, pellets and other biomass fuels
Introducing the FKK ceramic biomass igniter range, an advance in ignition technology for solid fuels.
FKK Corporation specialises in ceramic hot surface igniters and has many years of experience of working closely with customers to develop bespoke solutions for innovative appliance manufacturers. We are a trusted manufacturer of hot surface ignition products to many industry sectors.
These advanced igniters are simply the best for lighting pellet and biomass burners. They use only a fraction of the energy required by hot air fans and ignition blowers and will light all fuel types. Ideal for wood pellets, corn, maize, coal, coke etc.
With a considerably higher temperature, around twice that of traditional metal sheathed products, ignition times are reduced to as little as 60 seconds. This makes them significantly more economical in use.
A revolutionary way to ignite biomass
Blowing air type ceramic igniter have a through hole that let air through the heating element body. With this structure ignition performance can be increase by 1.4 times.
Ceramic ignition technology benefits
- A fraction of the energy consumption compared to conventional cartridge or element heater
- Long lasting
- Time to ignition 60 seconds
- Tested to 90,000 cycles
- Easy to install and retrofit
- Fits any steel tube with an inner diameter of >17mm
- 1100°C at steady-state temperature
- Cannot overheat even with blower failure
- 100/120/220/240V forward current
- Fully electrically insulated with no exposed electric contacts
- Impervious to oxidation and corrosion
- Dimensions: l = 96mm, d = 16mm
- Ignite wood chips, split logs, coal briquettes or other biomass, corn etc