Microsilica ,also called silica fume or micro silica, is a byproduct of production silicon metal or ferrosilicon alloys. Silicon metal and alloys are produced in electric furnaces.The raw materials are quartz,coal and woodchips.The smoke that results from furnace operation is collected and sold as silica fume, silica fume consists primarily of amorphous(non-crystalline) silicon dioxide(SiO2),its average granule diameter is 0.15~0.20um,specific surface area is 15000~20000m2/kg,and it has extremely strong surface active.
Application of micro silicon powder in refractory materials
As a new raw material, silicon powder is widely used in the refractory industry. It plays an important role in the improvement of amorphous refractories.
1) There are many pores in traditional refractory materials. Silica ash is filled in the pores, which increases the bulk density and reduces the porosity, and the strength can be significantly enhanced.
2) Silicon powder has strong activity, can form colloidal particles in water, and adding an appropriate amount of dispersant can enhance fluidity and improve pouring performance. (
3) Silicon powder is easy to form -Si-OH groups in water. Silicon powder has strong hydrophilicity and activity, can enhance the agglomeration of refractory materials, meanwhile, it can greatly improve the high temperature performance, and can extend the use of refractory products life. Silica fume is widely used in the refractory industry.
Practical applications are as follows:
(1) Replace pure aluminum oxide mud as refractory.
(2) Production of amorphous and shaped refractory products as additives, greatly improving its strength and high temperature performance. (3) For the pouring of the steel drum as a whole, in combination with a coagulant.
(4) Adhesives, binding agents, coagulants and additives for other refractory products.
Packaging & Shipping
1.500KG into Jumbo bag packing for ready to ship Qinghailantian microsilica grade undensified 94U microsilica for Germany project. 2.20/25KG small bag packing for ready to ship Qinghailantian microsilica grade undensified 94U microsilica for Germany project.
3.Other customerized packing for ready to ship Qinghailantian microsilica grade undensified 94U microsilica for Germany project.
Quanzhou Winitoor Industries Co.,Ltd has been in microsilica/silica fume/micro silica since 2004 and exports thousand tons of microsilica/silica fume/micro silica to gulf countries including Qatar,
UAE,Bahrain,Oman,Korea,Japan,Canada,Vietnam,Colombia and so on.
There are mainly two kinds of microsilica/silica fume/micro silica,densified and undensified.