2013 BMC IMPEC Carbon Road bike Frame,carbon bike,
Raising the bar. Redesigning the wheel. Optimizing the genetic code. That was BMC's brief. The result: Load Specific Weave – LSW and Shell Node Concept – SNC. Both technologies are BMC proprietary developments which they have implemented exclusively for the impec.
SNC – Shell-Node-Concept
The Shell Node Concept – SNC guarantees maximum stiffness and stability of the frame joints on the impec. These high-density half-shells are made from a newly developed carbon compound material and are bonded under precision control with the frame tubes during assembly of the frame. The benefit of the SNC half-shell technology lies in its total control over the junctions. This results in absolutely flawless frame joints on the impec.
LSW – Load-Specific-Weave
In this process, the tubes for the frame of the impec are woven first of all from carbon fibers and then in a second step are converted to a highly rigid structure using a special resin compound. The load-specific weaving process is fully automated. This results in absolutely flawless frame tubes
To flawlessly fit each rider, the BMC IMPEC comes in 2 versions. The Performance Fit or the Race Fit. The Performance Fit which is a more relaxed upright geometry. Not as popular in retrospect to other geomtries, but if you want a much higher front end because either you have exceptionally long legs or have a spinal issues, the Performance fit is ideal. The Race Fit is more of a standard geometry. Most riders will fall within these parameters. It focuses more on pedaling performance and front end stability at high speeds.
snc - shell node concepte
Construction, material and manufacturing process. These three aspects of the frame joints formed the Gordian knot of the impec which could not be untangled using conventional ideas. Everything seemed to be impossibly connected with each other. Until at some point BMC had the simple idea of creating the frame joints of the impec in two parts.
A clean cut then led to impec Technology no 2, the Shell Node Concept, where the joints at the nodal points of the frame are not one-piece collars but are each made from two half-shells. These half-shells are manufactured from a revolutionary composite compound material, are extremely rigid and yet light, have outstanding shock absorption qualities and can be connected to the frame tubes in the final assembly with absolute control and precision.
lsw - load specific weave
impec Technology No 1 is the Load Specific Weave process - LSW. This robot-controlled process creates the frame tubes for the impec. Each of them is manufactured with absolute precision and made-to-measure according to specification with verifiable accuracy...
LSW is the name of a complex three-stage process at the end of which is the perfect frame tube. in brief, the three stages are as follows: weaving, resin injection and cutting - and from these stages comes a humble, flawless carbon tube that only needs to be lacquered, printed and attached to other equally faultless tubes to make the perfect frame.
The strict use of digital technology results in absolute transparency in Load Specific Weave. To provide for this transparency, each workpiece carrier is equipped with a data matrix which contains all the programs for the different process stages that the frame tubes of the impec pass through. The system gives the various robots their commands and at the same time records all the relevant data for each individual workpiece.
Tapered head tube - with a minimum increase in weight, a disproportionately higher fork thickness results.
Carbon LSW (Load Specific Weave)
BMC Impec Full Carbon
Integrated 1 1/8" - 1 1/2"
Frame Weight (appr.)
you can choose the color of glass from these 4 colors
- Please be sure your shipping address is correct. We will only follow your address listed at the payment for the shipment.
- PLEASE LEAVE ME YOUR REACHABLE PHONE NUMBER, IT IS REQUIRED BY THE POST OFFICE OF CHINA WHEN FILLING OUT THE SHIPPING FORM!! I WONT BE ABLE TO SHIP YOUR ITEM IF YOU DONT GIVE ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER
- We usually ship the package by EMS. It usually takea about 5-14 business days to arrive your location.
- If you want to get the items faster, you can pay another shipping cost and i will ship them by DHL or UPS,if you need,you can contact me.
- Please contact us if you have any problem within 30 days of purchase and I will make every reasonable attempt to assure your complete satisfaction. If an item does not meet your expectations, we will promptly replace or refund your money/item upon return in the original condition.
- we donn't assume any TARIFF for the customs of your country.we usually marked low price for the pacakge value
- Any question Please contact us.