temperature maintenance of metal or plastic pipework and vessels
Brown, Red, Green, Black
40℃ to 105℃
Packaging & Delivery
Single package size:
Single gross weight:
Packing Method: White box and export carton.
Delivery Time: about 15days
1 - 1000
1001 - 5000
To be negotiated
High temperature constant Wattage heating cable
Application: maintaining process temperature or freeze proofing; the application of high performance HWLX2-J4 high temperature constant power heating cable is same with that of HWLX2-J3, they are of high temperature resistance. It is especially suitable for heating and anti freezing of asphalt or heavy viscous oil, and can be used in Zone 2 Level I/II explosion proof environment.
The power bus is made of two or three parallel insulated copper conductors, heating wires are wound on the main insulation layer, which are connected with the bus at certain interval (i.e. heating section) to form a continuous parallel resistance; after the bus is electrified, each parallel resistance is heated, so as to form a continuous heating cable, which can be cut off at free will in service, but it cannot be overlapped and shall be used together with a temperature controller.
As seen from the figure, high temperature resistant constant power heating cable is mainly composed of bus, the insulation layer, inner sheath, heating core, outer sheath, shield layer and reinforced layer.
1. Tinned copper bus 2. Insulation layer of the power supply 3. Insulation layer of the inner sheath 4. Ni-Cr alloy heating element 5. Insulation layer of the outer sheath 6. Weaved sheath 7. Fluorine plastic sheath outside the waved layer can provide additional protection for heating cable and waving layer in pipes under chemical corrosion environment and underground pipes.
Parallel constant power heating cable
Parallel constant power heating cable can be used for pipe and equipment freeze protection and process temperature maintenance requiring high power output or high temperature exposure. This type provide an economical alternative to self regulating heating cable but requires more skill for installation and more advanced control and monitor system. Constant power heating cables can provide process temperature maintenance up to 150°C and can withstand exposure temperatures up to 205°C with power on.
Two paralleled stranded copper wire as the bus wires with insulation layer FEP, then wrap the nickel-chromium alloy as the heating wire connect with bus wires at regular intervals, form the parallel resistance. Finally covered with insulation jacket FEP. When the bus wires power on, each parallel resistance begin to heat. Thus form a continuous heating cable.
RDP2 Single phase constant wattage heating cable used to freeze protection,heat preservation for all kinds of pipelines and instruments.Application such as factory Zone 1,Zone 2 explosive gas atmosphere area.
Sample: sample can be provided.
Limited Warranty: 5 years
Welcome to Anbang, built in 2004, Register capital to be a RMB103million. Anbang group is a professional production of various types of electric tracing cables enterprise, located in Tianchang City, Chuzhou, Anhui province, which is 110km far away from Nanjing Airport, Headquarters is located in Beijing world trade center. We are the leading enterprise in the field of electrical heating.
Our factory covers 63000 square meters and own more than 300 employees.Our enterprise through the ISO9001:2008 quality management system certification; ISO14000 environment management certification. The products have CE,ROHS,EMC certification,
We have advanced equipments, high technology and an excellent quality inspection system that strictly performs under the quality control of ISO9001. Our main products: electric heating cable; electric underfloor heating mats; self-regulation heating cable MI heating cable etc. are popular for indoor floor warm use and outdoor snow melting use; pipeline freeze protection. Our mainly markets for America, Europe, The Middle East and Asia neighboring countries.
The company has always attached importance to technical innovation and quality management, focus on the introduction of the outstanding talented person and the advanced equipment, now our products of high quality and because of its superior performance. We sincerely hope to establish business relations with customers from all over the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is trace heating (heat trace)? Electric trace heating (heat trace) is the application of a compensating heat source to a pipe, surface or vessel, to maintain a specified temperature.
2. How does trace heating work? Electric heat trace / surface heating replaces the losses of heat from a surface, to allow temperature maintenance of the product, which thermal insulation alone can not maintain.
3. What is constant wattage heating tape? Constant wattage heating tapeexist in various forms, of which the more recent zonal parallel circuit devices are the most convenient, since these may be ‘cut to length’, within practical limits, on site. The output of constant wattage tape is virtually constant along the tape length, due to the consistent nature of the wire element.
4. What is self regulating heating tape? Self limiting / self regulating heating tapeadjusts heat output to equal the heat loss from the pipe work. As pipe temperature falls under no-flow conditions or due to the decreases in external or internal temperature the electrical conductivity of the semi-conductive polymer core increases causing the tape to increase output. As the pipe temperature increases under flow conditions or as a result of increasing external or internal temperature the conductivity reduces and output decreases.
5. Do I need to use thermal insulation? Thermal insulation is recommended on all heat trace applications. Without Insulation surface heat losses can increase approx 4-5 times.
6. Can I use electric surface heating to heat raise pipes and vessels? Electric Surface Heating can be used to heat raise pipes and vessels. However, it is usually more economic to maintain heating on a pipeline than to provide a heating system designed to raise from cold. Where it is necessary to make provision for heat raising the time allowed should normally be in the range 12 – 24 hours to avoid high loadings.
7. Should I use a thermostat? Trace heating thermostats are recommended for use with all surface heating systems. Temperature control can reduce system operating costs by as much as 90%
8. Do I have to spiral the trace heating onto the pipe? The application of the heat trace tape depends on the required wattage. As Anbang manufacture an extensive range of heating tapes most applications can simply be straight traced, reducing costs of materials and installation time without compromising on operational requirements.
9. Can the trace heating tape be cut to length? Anbang Trace Heating’s range of Parallel Circuit Heating Tapes can all be ‘Cut-to-Length’ to suit pipework.
10. Can electric trace heating tapes be joined? Parallel circuit constant wattage heating tapes can be joined using either the relevant jointing kits or a trace heating junction boxfound under ancillaries within the products section.
11. Can I use heat trace on plastic pipes? When using heat trace on plastic pipes ensure that the cable does not exceed 12 watts per metre and is fitted with earth protection. The heat trace tape should be used in conjunction with a thermostat. NOTE: PVC cables and PVC fixing tape MUST NOT be used on PVC pipes.
12. Do I have to allow extra heat for pumps and valves? If the surface area of the pump is substantially greater than that of the adjoining pipework then extra heating cable may need to be considered (depending on wattage of cable installed). Pumps and valves may be heat traced with extra heating tape to allow removal of the valve or pump.
13. Do you carry out installation work? Anbang Trace Heating Ltd offer a full Installation and commissioning service carried out by experienced trace heating engineers.
14. Can you design a full surface heating system for me? Anbang can design your complete trace heating requirement.
15. Can you design and make a specialised heating jacket for me? Anbang manufacture custom made insulated and non-insulated heating jackets, mats and padsfor many applications of up to 400°C. All products can be manufactured to suit customer specific application requirements.
17. Does my trace heating system require maintenance? Generally, no maintenance of our trace heating systems is required but it is recommended that the system is checked for operational and electrical integrity periodically or prior to the winter or production run, depending on application.
18. How do I test my trace heating system is working properly? System checks depend on the system installed, constant wattage systems can be fully checked for insulation resistance and continuity. Self regulating systems can only be checked for insulation resistance. For assistance on system testing please contact us .