VVRS General Produce - Molasses
Molasses is a by-product of the sugar cane industry. Blackstrap molasses or final molasses is the by-product from which the maximum amount of sugar has been extracted. Blackstrap molasses is usually diluted with water to a standard brix of 79.5 degrees.The brix value indicates the specific gravity of the molasses in degrees. At 79.5 degrees brix molasses weighs 1.39 kg per litre.
The undiluted blackstrap molasses is usually between 79 and 85 degrees brix.Nutritionally, molasses is used as an energy source. Its protein level is low. Molasses is a useful ingredient for improving the palatability of the diet, reducing the dustiness and serving as a binder. It also has a laxative effect.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
• Molasses has been successfully used in diets for young and old pigs and poultry. High levels of inclusion in layer diets have been shown to cause an increase in the incidence of wet droppings with a subsequent decrease in feed efficiency. This is due to its high mineral content (mainly potassium).
• Similarly, molasses will cause diarrhoea in pigs or calves if fed at high levels.
• See the following table for suggested maximum levels of molasses in complete feeds for each animal and stages of production.
• The high potassium level in molasses should be considered when feeding to pre calving dairy cows. The high mineral content will affect the DCAD balance which is used to control milk fever.
SUGGESTED MAXIMUM INCLUSION LEVELSIN A TOTAL RATION
The high mineral content (mainly potassium) is responsible for the scouring and wet droppings seen when molasses is fed to pigs and poultry at high levels.
REF: (Evans. M, 1985)
TYPICAL NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS
Sealed tank or 1 tonne module.
EXPIRY AFTER MANUFACTURE
Best used within 12 months from the date of manufacture.
1 tonne module, 12t or 26t bulk tanker.
STANDARD EXPORT DOCUMENTS WILL BE PROVIDED
HEALTH CERTIFICATE, PHYTOSANITARY CERTIFICATE, CERTIFICATE OF ANALYSIS, CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN, PACKING LIST, WEIGHT CERTIFICATE AND COMMERCIAL INVOICE
Our CNF (cost and frieght) price to any port 20” FCL = $120 per ton additional
Price Updated on 15th November
Our CNF Price includes the following Charges
Ocean freight cost -$1400 (may change according to country / Port)
Origin Terminal Handling Charge -$238
Port Service Charge -$77 -
Equipment Handling Charge -$40
Security Levy cost -$19
Shipping Line Documentation Fee -$70
Handling / Documentation cost -$75
Export Customs Clearance cost -$45
Pre-Receival Advice Fee -$25
CMR Fee -$15
Inspection cost -$82
Certificate of origin cost -$50
HEALTH CERTIFICATE cost -$60
CERTIFICATE OF ANALYSIS -$60
• Freight & Surcharges are subject to change without notice
1. 100% TT Payment OR
2. 100% LC at sight (Irrevocable, Confirmed, TRANSFERABLE LC at sight)
Contact sales department
International - callers from outside Australia
SYDNEY +61 2 802 28423
MELBOURNE +61 3 994 84091
BRISBANE +61 7 350 36778
www.vvrsaustralia.com.au “Australia’s Leading Global Commodity Traders”