PAM, a water- soluble high polymer and widely used in petroleum, paper-making, metallurgical, textile, chemical and environment
Polyacrylamide, its another name PAM, which is a glassy solid. It is easy to absorb water, the speed of the adsorption should be different according to the features of the ramification plasma. It dissolves in water, also in acetate, glycol, glycerol and amine such kind of organic solvent. It can be decomposed through the long-time heat, and the temperature of the decomposition above 200. In the terms of anaerobic, it could be carbonized into black powder. According to the needs, PAM commonly knows as flocculants, cation, anionic, nonionic with mixer ionic composing four type of products.
(1) Industrial waste water treatment:
For the neutral or alkaline waste water with pH value of 7-14, large suspended particles and ions of positive charge, it has the best treating effect, such as the waste water from
iron industry, electroplating factory, metallurgical industry, coal washing, etc..
(2) Drinking water treatment:
When the drinking water still does not meet the standard after the treatment of the precipitation and filtering, then the
APAM can be used as the flocculant. Its dosage is 2%-5% of that of the inorganic flocculants, but the effect of former is dozens of times of that of latter.
(3) It can be used for the recycling of the loss of brewers' grains in the alcohol plant and starch in the starch factory.
(4) It can be used as the water block agent in the oil field, and also the oil-displacing agent during the tertiary recovery.
(5) It can be applied in the paper-making industry. It can be used as the dispersant, retention aid, etc. in the long fiber paper-making, and also the flocculant for the waste water from the paper-making.