BIOXY + is a powdered product that generate NEUTRAL PH peracetic acid when mixed in water.
BIOXY +is a powdered product that generates peracetic acid in water. BIOXY +was formulated to sanitize surfaces in contact with food, reservoirs, aseptic equipment and pasteurisers found in dairies, wineries, breweries, and food, beverage and meat processing and packaging plants. BIOXY +is also ideal to sanitize water tanks related to water and wastewater treatment. BIOXY +is non foaming. BIOXY + is ideal to sanitize equipments and surfaces in animal farms. BIOXY + is also used as a cleaning agent to clean the cages of various animals.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Use BIOXY +on previously cleaned equipment.
Use BIOXY +at a concentration of 0.2 to 2% (2 to 20 g BIOXY +per liter). Keep this solution in contact with food surfaces for at least 10 minutes; then rinse abundantly with potable water.
SANITATION: Use at a concentration of 0.1% to 0.2% maximum (1g to 2g BIOXY +in 1 liter of water). These concentrations of 0.1% - 0.2% yields up to 200 ppm of active peracetic acid. Do not rinse if concentration is equal or below 200 ppm peracetic acid.
Appearance: White powder
Contains: Sodium carbonate peroxyhydrate.
BIOXY + vs Liquid Peracetic Acid
BIOXY + - atomes
Liquid Peracetic acid
20% active (in ideal conditions)
(4 times more concentrated)
Offensive – Strong acetic acid smell
Reacts with water to generate peracetic acid at neutral pH levels
The pH is highly acidic
Corrosion / surfaces
No induced corrosion
Extremely corrosive to surfaces
Safe to handle
Extremely dangerous to handle
Requires a limited place
Requires large and a secured space to prevent leaking
Decomposes if exposed to heat or organic materials
Stability of BIOXY + 0.2% solution
BIOXY + (0.2% solution, 2g per L )
Titrated with Lamotte Test kit for peracetic acid (code 7191-01)
ADDITIONAL ADVANTAGES OF USING BIOXY +
- It is not hazardous to work with
- It’s a non foaming
- It is organic
- It remains always at pH neutral
- No offensive odor
- Non flammable
- Non reactive
- Prevents and removes yeast and mold
- It can be shipped by regular transport (Not classified as a dangerous good)
- Less susceptible to hot weather as compared to regular liquid peracetic acid.
- Vented areas are not required when storing
- Insurance premiums drop
- When disposing of barrels or pails, recycling bin is recommended. No need to request special transport for pick up
- Environmentally designed
- No trihalomethanes (THM), no chlorinated by-products formed
- It will increase shelf life of fresh fruits and vegetables simply by using our non toxic solution.
- It kills Listeria, Legionella and thousand other pathogens immediately
- It removes and prevents biofilms
- Product volume usage is 4 times less than liquid peracetic acid 5%
- If powdered product is spilled as is or in water solution, no harmful chemicals are created
- If powdered product is spilled as is or in water solution, no harmful odors are created
- If powdered product is spilled as is or in water solution, no corrosion is created
- If powdered product is spilled as is or in water solution, no toxic fumes are created
- Transport cost by weight is less and it is not regulated as dangerous goods
- Product can be mixed and applied manually without danger