Size Range: 0.4mm~140mm
Compared with steel ball, Si3N4 ball has following advantages:
1. 59% lighter than steel ball, which means less centrifugal force and less wear on the groove during high speed and acceleration.
2. 44% larger elastic modulus, which means less deformation under load
3. Harder with Rockwell hardness as 78
4. Smaller friction coefficient
5. Only 1/4 coefficient of thermal expansion of steel, can endure sharp fluctuation of temperature
6. Superior surface finish can be achieved, Ra could be 4~6 nm
7. Can endure high temperature with high hardness and strength up to 1050°C
8. Never rust, and can roll without lubrication.
9. More corrosion resistant than steel.
10. Free of metal contamination.
12. Electric isolation
13. No adhesive-wear with metal
14. Contact angular is very large with molten and nearly no reaction
All above combination makes Si3N4 to be first choice for high-demand bearing ball material and valve ball
Si3N4 ball can be used in all bearings with special requirement: high speed bearing, high precision bearing; vacuum bearing; high/low temperature bearing, non-magnetic bearing, high precision ball screw; Si3N4 ball can also be used as valve ball and metering ball in chemical pump, high-temperature pump, metering pump. Si3N4 ball can also be used in linear slider for high temperature and corrosion resistance.
1. Black color as standard, gray color could be supplied upon customer requirement
2. Non-standard size and different gauge could be supplied