It is fire-resistive, fibrated, water based, indoor/outdoor vapor barrier duct sealant for low, medium and high velocity heating
ACRYLIC CAULK kastar2843
Duct Sealant for Air conditioning ducts
It is fire-resistive, fibrated, water based, indoor/outdoor vapor barrier duct sealant for low, medium and high velocity heating and air conditioning ducts. It should perform as a tough and flexible adhesive and sealant, forming a durable seal against air leakage when used with or without reinforcing tape or membrane.
· COLOR: Light Gray
· BASE MATERIAL: Synthetic latex emulsion
· CONSISTENCY: Paste
· APPLICATION CONSISTENCY: Brush, Trowel, Caulking Gun, or Power Extrusion.
· AVERAGE WEIGHT / U.S. GALLON (FSTM 3): 11.6 lbs. (1.35 kg/l)
· AVERAGE NON-VOLATILE (FSTM 9A): 55% by volume (69% by weight)
· VISCOSITY: soft buttery gel with a typical viscosity range of 130,000 - 160,000 cps.
· COVERAGE RANGE (FSTM 72):
1. Brush: 25-50 sq. ft./gal (.6-1.2 m2/l)
2. 0.064 in. (1.6 mm) -0.032 in. (0.8 mm) wet film thickness
3. Caulking Gun: 125 lineal ft. per 10.5 fluid oz. tube, 1/8 in. bead (38 m per .31 l tube, 3.2 mm bead.)
4. 30 lineal ft. per 10.5 fluid oz. rube, 1/4 in. bead (9 m per .31 tube, 6.4 mm bead).
· TEMPERATURE RESISTANCE: -30ºC to 110ºC
· SERVICE TEMPERATURE LIMITS (FSTM 165): 20ºF to 200ºF (-7ºC to 93ºC)
· STORAGE TEMPERATURE: 5ºC to 35ºC
· APPLICATION TEMPERATURE: 5ºC to 50ºC
· DRYING TIME 73ºF (23ºC) 50% RH (ASTM D 1640):
1. Set to Touch: 1 hour
2. Dry Through: 24 hours
· WATER VAPOR PERMEANCE: ASTM D 3278 Procedure A, 0.45 perms (0.30 metric perms) at 35 mils (.9 mm) dry
· WET FLAMMABILITY (ASTM D 3278): No flash to boiling, over 210ºF (99ºC)
· SURFACE BURNING CHARACTERISTICS (ASTM E 84):
1. Flame Spread: 5
2. Smoke Developed: 0
· PRESSURE TESTING: Can be pressure tested within 16 hours dry time above 70ºF (21ºC) and below 60% RH. It should forms a strong bond to galvanized, aluminum or mild steel metal ducts.
· BS 476 Parts 6+7: Class O
METHOD OF APPLICATION: UL 181B MASTIC CLOSURE OF UL-181 FLEXIBLE AIR DUCTS:
Apply to clean, dry, oil-free surfaces by brush, trowel, or power extrusion. Brush out uniformly a 2 wide coat over the joint, at the nominal rate of 2 gal/100 sq ft (0.8 l/m2). Total coverage rate to be 45-55 ft 2/gal. (1.1-1.4 m2/l) Allow the completed joint to dry at least 24 hours above 70ºF (21ºC) before pressure testing. High humidities (over 70%) and/or cooler temperatures may retard drying. Total wet film thickness to be 32 mils +/- 3 mils.
METHOD OF OTHER SEALING APPLICATIONS - NOT UL-181:
Apply a continuous film of Duct Sealant over all areas of the indoor or outdoor duct system where air leakage may occur. A brush may be used to work the sealant into joints and remove excess. On spiral ducts apply at coat to the male end of the coupling prior to fitting the straight run of spiral duct over it. Brush excess Duct Sealant over the joint to complete the seal. Screw holes and flanges should also be sealed with a coat of Duct Sealant. It may be applied to the inside or the outside of the duct.
Test standard: AMERICAN UL94 ISBN 0-7629-0082-2 (Test for Flammability of Plastic Materials for Parts in Devices and Appliances)
And: the People's Republic of China National Standard GB/T 2408-1996 (Plastics-Determination of the burning behaviour of horizontal and vertical specimens in contact with a small-Flame ignition source)