3% Fluoroprotein is a hydrolyzed protein based foam concentrate withfluorinated surfactants added. This foam concentrate makes a very fluidand stable foam, which will cover a burning hydrocarbon fuel sourcevery rapidly. The water-soluble fluorosurfactant gives the foam theability to reject or repel hydrocarbons, which decreases the amount ofhydrocarbons being absorbed into the foam during fire fightingoperations.
3% Fluoroprotein is intended foruse at a proportioning rate of 3% (3 parts Fluoroprotein to 97 partswater) on class B hydrocarbon type fuels such as gasoline, kerosene,diesel, etc. 3% Fluoroprotein is not intended for use onfuels, which are polar solvent/water miscible, such as alcohols,ketones, esters, etc.
- U. L. Listed, Foam Liquid Concentrates
- Suitable for use with either fresh or salt water
- Excellent wetting characteristics when used in combating Class A fuel fires
- Suitable for use in fixed foam protection systems including sub-surface into hydrocarbon fuels
- Suitable for use with all siliconized dry chemical extinguishing agents
- Suitable for use with deluge or closed head air-aspirating foam water sprinkler systems
- Suitable for use with plastic, fiberglass, or mild steel containers
- Recommended for use with air-aspirating foam nozzles
- Fixed or portable in-line eductors
- In-line balanced pressure and pump pressure proportioning skid
- Bladder tank balanced pressure proportioning systems
- Around the pump proportioners
- Handline, air-aspirating nozzles with fixed eductor pickup tube
- Storage tanks
- Truck/Rail loading or unloading facilities
- Processing/Storage facilities
- Docks/Marine tankers
- Flammable liquid containment areas
- Mobile equipment.
- Foam Chambers
- High Back Pressure Foam Maker(sub-surface)
- Air-aspirating foam nozzles
- Air-aspirating sprinkler heads and spray nozzles
TYPICAL PROPERTIES AT 77ºF (25ºC)
|Appearance ||Dark Brown Liquid |
|Specific Gravity ||1.15 g/ml |
|pH ||6.75 |
|Viscosity ||12.0 cps at 20ºC |
|Freezing point ||25ºF |
|Pour point ||28ºF |
|Suspended sediment ||less than 0.25% v/v |
3% Fluoroprotein is biodegradable, low in toxicity and can be treatedin sewage treatment plants. This product does not contain any heavymetal salts such as zinc chloride, which are objectionable toenvironment authorities.
Ifkept in the original unopened and airtight we supplied containerand stored within the temperature range of 20ºF-120ºF (-7ºC - 49ºC) ashelf life of at least 7-10 years can be expected. If the product isfrozen during storage or transportation, thawing will render theproduct completely usable.