For both short-duration Partial Discharge spot-tests and short-term PD monitoring.
Universal, 4-Channel Diagnostic PD Tester with synchronous capture of data on all channels (to within 2ns) for accurate PD diagnosis. Suitable for synchronous, multi-channel testing of all types of mv and high voltage (hv) plant up to 500kV. Can be used for either short-duration (5-10 minute) PD 'spot' tests or for short-term PD monitoring (typically over 1 to 24 hours).
The HVPD Longshot™ PD Diagnostic Spot Tester is a 4-channel, synchronous wideband (0-400MHz) on-line partial discharge (PD) test and monitor technology suitable for the PD testing of all types of medium voltage (MV) and high voltage (HV) cables and plant (up to 500kV).
On-line PD Testing Of:
- MV/HV PILC/XLPE Cables, Joints, Terminations and Sealing Ends
- MV/HV Current and Voltage Instrument Transformers (CT and VT)
- MV Metal-Clad Switchgear (Air and Solid Insulated)
- Motors and Generators
- PD signals captured synchronously (within 2ns) on all 4x channels with 'Precedence Detection' software to differentiate local and external signals based on time-of-arrival measurements.
- Automatic "Event Recognition" of PD pulses with automatic noise pulse rejection
- Typical 'spot-test' time of 5 to 10 minutes per plant item or cable
- Short-term PD monitoring possible, typically 1-24 hours and up to 1 week
- On-line cable PD measurements can be made in picoCoulombs (pC) when used in conjunction with HVPD's calibrated HFCT sensors (no need for external pC calibrator)
- Software-based RF noise reduction filter
- Also suitable for off-line testing at 50/60 Hz
- Post data collection analysis of PD test files
- May be installed on any Windows 2000/XP PC - Test in the field, analyse in the office
- PDF and MS WORD report output
Additional Software Options
- PDMap©: On-line PD location on cables of up to 5km
- ScopeControl©: Waveform capture package for advanced PD signal analysis
The HVPD Longshot™ is supplied with a range of sensor and accessory bundles, according to the customer's required application.