Okra plants can reach 4+ feet tall or be topped and grown shorter. If given room to branch out, they can spread 3 feet wide.
Days to Harvest:
50 - 60 days. Warmer climates will get a 2nd harvest.
- Okra is a tropical plant that is grown as an annual vegetable.
- The seed pods are especially useful for thickening stews because of their gummy mucilage.
- Okra plants are extremely drought and heat resistant and okra is a popular vegetable in many countries with difficult growing conditions.
- Leaves: Palmate with 5-7 lobes
- Flowers: Yellow or white, sometimes with a reddish-purple base. 5 petals.