1. Single part
2. High performance
3. Used in gap sealing and construction
JOINFLEX 126 Construction PU Sealant
JOINFLEX 126 Construction PU Sealant is single part polyurethane based, high/middle modulus sealant, which cures on exposure to atmospheric moisture to form elastomeric mastic.
JOINFLEX 126 Construction PU Sealant has excellent adhesion on all cement based materials, brick ceramics, polyurethane, epoxy, most polyesters, most metals and most timbers.
JOINFLEX 126 Construction PU Sealant is suitable for bonding or sealing joints between most construction materials, where a high bond strength is required.
Non-corrosion to substrates;
Thixotropic ,no sag.
Little Volatile Odor
Excellent adhesion on glass and metal surface
Good weathering resistance.
Can be painted over with many water, solvent and rubber based paints (preliminary tests recommended).
Conforms to the most stringent sealant standards
As Supplied – tested at 23°C±2°C, RH50%±5%:
Aspect: Thixotropic Paste
Gravity, g/cm3 1.4
Tack Free Time, min. 30~60
Extrudability, ml/min. ≥80
Sag/Slump, mm ≤1
Curing depth, mm/24hr 3
Service Temp, °C -50 ~+90 (continuous)
+120 short time (up to 8 hrs)
Application Temp, °C +5~+45
As Cured – tested at 23°C±2°C, RH50%±5%
Hardness, 24H, Shore A ≥25
Hardness, 7d, Shore A ≥40
Depth of curing, 24H, mm ≥3
Depth of curing, 7d, mm ≥6
Recovery of elastic, % ≥85
Tensile modulus(MAX), MPa ≥1.5
Modulus at 100% elongation, MPa ≥0.7
Peel strength, N/mm ≥10
Shear strength, MPa ≥1.5
Elongation at break, % ≥500
Solid content, % ≥95
Resistance to dilute acids and bases General
Water and salt spray resistance Good
Compatibility with paints Yes
JOINFLEX 126 Construction PU Sealant is used for bonding or sealing joints between most construction materials, where high or middle bond strength is required.
Trafficable floor joints
Assembly of metal framed buildings
Cover plates and covings
Bolted lap joints
Prisons, gaols, grand stands
JOINFLEX 126 Construction PU Sealant is not suitable for adapting to structural fitting and following situations:
1. To all surfaces that bleed oil, organic acid, alkali, plasticizers or solvents such as wood immersed in oil, oil crack filler, and some uncured or sulfurized fat and to surface where is wet;
2. To the substrate that the surface temperature exceeds +45°C or apply at temperatures below +5°C;
3. Use in the manufacturer of IG units;
4. To the surfaces that with direct touch of food.
5. Not recommended for use in below ground joints or trafficable
6. Joints where abrasion and physical abuse are encountered.
7. Not recommended for none of both surfaces is porous.
8. Avoid exposure to high level of chlorine.
9. Avoid contact with alcohol and other solvent cleaners during cure.
10. Do not apply when a moisture vapour transmission condition exists at time of application, as this can cause bubbling within the sealant
HOW TO USE
APPLICATION TEMPERATURE: +5°C to +45°C
Cleanse with a cleaning agent, to keep the substrate surfaces completely clean(JOIN LEADER also provide the cleaning agent for your convenience).
Use the sealant after cleaning agent dries, around 1~2mins later. You can use two different cloth, one for cleaning agent, and the other for sealant. (Notice that the two can’t be mixed use together, and the second cloth will be better purified cotton and no picking.)
For better appearance, cover outside of joint areas with masking taps before application.
Cut nozzle to desired size and extrude sealant to joint areas.
Tool immediately after sealant application, make it smooth and remove masking tape before sealant skins.
12 months in unopened packaging in a cool and dry storage place at temperatures between +5°C and 25°C.
Grey, black and white.
Also we can produce the sealant with special color upon customers' requirement.
Cartridge: 280ml, 300ml
Sausage: 400ml, 600ml