JOINSIL 1018 100% Silicone Sealant
KASHI-A230 Silicone Sealant general purpose silicone sealant is a low modulus, elastic joint, one-component, cost effective, silicone sealant and formulated for trades/tradesman, domestics and decoration usages.
JOINSIL1018 Silicone Sealant is temperature-resistant property contributes to its waterproof and airtight characteristics even under such serious temperature condition as-40°C-+140°C.
It is weather resisting and anti-aging properties will not be degraded under the influence of rain, snow, or longtime being illuminated by ultraviolet ray.
Easy to apply
Available in a wide range of colors
Can be applied in any season.
Cures to a strong, flexible seal capable of withstanding movement in and around the joint.
Good adhesion on many materials
Stable and flexible from -40°C to +140°C,
As Supplied – tested at 23°C±2°C, RH50%±5%:
Aspect: Tixotropic Paste
Gravity, g/cm3 0.98~1.1
Skinning Time, min: 5-20
Application Temperature, °C: +5 to +40
Sag/Slump, mm ≤1
Extrudability, ml/min. ≥ 200
As Supplied – tested at 23°C±2°C, RH50%±5% 7 days :
Hardness, 24H,Shore A ≥8 ASTM D2240-05
Hardness, 7d, Shore A ≥15 ASTM D2240-05
Tensile modulus(MAX), MPa ≥0.3 ASTM C 1135
Elongation at break, % ≥300 ASTM D638
Depth of curing, 24H, mm ≥2 ASTM C1184-05
Depth of curing, 7d, mm ≥6 ASTM C1184-05
Modulus at 100% elongation, MPa ≥0.18 ISO 8 339 – A
Movement Capability Level, % 25 ISO 9047
KASHI-A230 Silicone Sealant can be widely used in building, automotives, packaging, business, advertisement and family decoration.
KASHI-A230 Silicone Sealant may be used to glaze, seal and fill joints on windows, skylights, signs, internal/external fixtures and fittings, doors etc.
KASHI-A230 Silicone Sealant is not adapted to structural fitting and following situations:
1. To all surfaces that bleed oil, plasticizers or solvents such as wood immersed in oil, oil crack filler, and some uncured or sulfur zed fat and to surface where is wet;
2. To the substrate that the surface temperature exceeds +50°C or apply at temperatures below 5°C;
3. Use in the manufacturer of IG units;
4. To closed or confined areas where sealant cure may be inhabited by lack of air (silicone sealant need the water in the air to cure);
5. To use in construction or sealing of aquariums;
6. To the circumstances as immersed in water for a long time;
7. Shall not be applied on lead, zinc and galvanized steel plate.
8. To the painted surfaces, may cause seal failure as the paint cracking or stripping;
9. To the places that easily suffer mechanical clash;
10. Use in the IG curtain wall sealing.
11. Contact with Neutral silicon sealant.
HOW TO USE
APPLICATION TEMPERATURE: +5°C to +40°C
Cleanse with a cleaning agent, to keep the substrate surfaces completely clean(JOIN LEADER also provide the cleaning agent for your convenience).
Use the sealant after cleaning agent dries, around 1~2mins later. You can use two different cloth, one for cleaning agent, and the other for sealant. (Notice that the two can’t be mixed use together, and the second cloth will be better purified cotton and no picking.)
For better appearance, cover outside of joint areas with masking taps before application.
Cut nozzle to desired size and extrude sealant to joint areas.
Tool immediately after sealant application, make it smooth and remove masking tape before sealant skins.
REQUIRED TESTING IN THE APPLICATION
It is the responsibility of the end user to thoroughly test any proposed use of the sealant and independently conclude satisfactory performance in the application.
12 months in unopened packaging in a cool and dry storage place at temperatures between +5°C and 25°C.
Transparent, gray, black and white.
Also we can produce the sealant with special color upon customers' requirement.
Cartridge: 300ml, 280ml, 250ml and etc.