Meoded Lime Wash is a limestone and water based slurry that replicates the look of mottled plasters
Meoded Lime Wash is a limestone and water based slurry that replicates the look of mottled plasters typical of the Mediterranean and Latin America. Meoded Lime Wash can be used in both interior and exterior applications to create warm, subtle variations in color and will age as it is exposed to moisture. Meoded Lime Wash is a lightly textured, matte finish which produces natural efflorescence and rustic beauty as it weathers.
Meoded uses only high quality, all natural ingredients in Lime Wash to ensure lasting performance and beauty of this coating.
•• Over previously painted and unpainted substrates, the surface must first be clear of any dirt, grease, or other foreign substances which may cause adhesion problems.
• Nail holes and imperfections should be patched and spot primed with Meoded Lime Wash Undercoat.
• Then a uniformed coat of the Lime Wash Undercoat should be applied by brush, roller, or sprayed to ensure that the lime does not absorb into the substrate.
• The first coat of Lime Wash should be applied with a block brush in a random or crow's foot pattern, taking care to ensure a wet edge and to avoid side by side brush strokes. This coat should dry overnight.
• Before applying the second coat, Lime Wash should be treated with a fine mist water spray to aid in adhesion and color variation of final coat. The second coat should be applied while surface is still damp and in the same manner as first. Let dry for 6 to 12 hours.
• Exterior applications of Lime Wash may be water cured using a fine mist spray, taking care to avoid drips and runs.
• Refer to product's Technical Data Sheet for more detailed application instructions and information.
Tinting: Meoded Lime Wash can be tinted to a wide range of colors using universal pigments. Bright and dark colors are achievable but Meoded Lime Wash, like any lime based product, will bloom to a lighter color than intended.
Coverage: Meoded Lime Wash covers approximately 150 to 200 square feet of coverage for two coats per gallon. Actual coverage rates vary depending on texture and porosity.
Container: 1 Quart, 1 Gallon and 4.25 Gallons