M-CHLOROPERBENZOIC ACID (MCPBA)
White crystal powder
Accordant with standard
- Color: White
- Solubility: almost insoluble in water, soluble in ethanol, ether, soluble in chloroform, dichloroethane.
- Specifications: () 75%, () 85%
- Molecular formula: C7H5ClO3
- Melting point: 92-94
- Decomposition: Of heat-stable at room temperature, decomposition rate for next year is below 1%. When the decomposition rate accelerated in the liquid.
- Usage: This product contains peroxide inter-chlorobenzoic acid 80% -85%, the rest is Inter-chloro-benzoic acid. It is widely used in cyclization reactions, Baeyer-Villiger reaction, N-oxidation reaction and S-oxidation reactions. It can be used as synthetic medicine, pesticide and other fine chemical products, oxidant use; In addition, sometimes used as a bleaching agent.
- Hazard: oxidation, corrosion