Heel or Foot Pain and Foot Care
Heel pain is one of the common problems in foot pain, mainly for adults. It occurs as a results of daily work routine. The ( Calcaneus ) Heel bone in the foot ( Largest Bone in foot joints ) is the first part of the foot to contact the ground during normal walking.
The foot absorbs the whole body weight during walking, the arch ( Curved place in the foot )biggest flatten and mussels maintain the arch and stabilize the foot.
If the arch is either High or No arch may be one of the reason for heel pain.
Walking Style ( Gait ) of individuals some times makes inflammation resulting in pain.
Some times muscles stain and tension pulls a peace of bone away from the calcaneus ( Heel Bone ) causing heel or bone spur. Heel spurs can irritate nerves and cause pain.
To reduce the heel pain it is important to ware correct size shoes ,sandals or chappals sWith snug fitting with MCR insoles in shoes or MCR sandals
- 1.Select only correct foot pair no over size or smaller size for each foot.
- 2.Ask your doctor to plan and exercise the programme that is right for you.
- 3.Avoid all activities that is hard on feet ( Ex. Jumping )
- 4.Ask the doctor to sense the feeling to you foot at least once in a year.
- 5.Always purchase your MCR from a recognized or Experience Orthotic Shop.
Diabetic Foot Care
Leg and foot problems are most common problems for diabetic patient – Some times it leads the amputation in the lower leg or foot.
Diabetic Neuropathy – A Condition which makes the nerves function critical in the body extremities – The Hands ,Legs and Foot
Patient may affect with numbness ,Loss of feeling ,Pain ( Ex. Tingling, Shooting pain, Burning sensation ) in the extremities.
Because of the above parameters often patient do not go to doctors for cuts ,Burns or Blisters which in turn get infected some times, and loss of limbs.
Care to be taken by Diabetic Patients.
- 1.Condact your doctor regularly.
- 2.Check daily Your Foot.
- 3.Avoide self medication if a wound is there in the foot.
- 4.Wash both the legs with Luke warm water in the morning and evening and dry it with the towel.
- 5.Avoid bare foot walking ( Even in the House )
- 6.Walking exercise should be done at the advice of your physician.
- 7.Do not apply lotions without consulting your doctor.
- 8.Always were loose fitting shirts ,Sarees, Pajamas ,Chudidars and etc.. especially while sleeping.
- 9.Do not were nylon Shocks while using shoes.
- 10.Always were MCR Chapels ,Sandals from a reputed Orthotic shop