Mallotus Philippinensis is thermogenic, strong purgative, digestive, lithontriptic, styptic
100% natural Indian medicinal herb
Mallotus Philippinensis Extract / Monkey Face Tree
- Botanical Name : Mallotus Philippinensis
- Family Name : Euphorbiaceae
- Common Name : Monkey-puzzle, Monkey Face Tree
- Part Used : Glands And Hairs From The Capsules Or Fruits.
- Habitat : Found throughout tropical regions of india.
- Product offered : Seeds, Fruits
The reddish-brown glandular hairs are thermogenic, strong purgative, digestive, lithontriptic, styptic, strong vermifuge, alexipharmic, depurative, cathartic. They are useful in vitiated conditions of kapha and vata. It is used against intestional tapeworm, constipation, flatulence, scabies, wounds, ulcers, cough, renal & vesical calculi, hemorrhages, & other parasitic skin diseases.
Also a good source of Kamala dye which is used in coloring silk and wool, as anti-oxidant for ghee & vegetable oils.
Oil is used as hair-fixer and added in ointment, seed oil is used in paints & varnishes, seed cake is used as manure, wood pulp is suitable for writing and printing paper. It is one of the best vermicidal herbs. It is also used for coloring foodstuffs & beverages.