This high tecnology product is designed and manufactured by Matest; it automatically determines the softening point of asphalts.
STANDARDS: EN 1427 / ASTM D36 / AASHTO T53 / NF T66-008;
comparable to: BS 2000 / DIN 52011 / UNE 7111 / UNI 4161 / CNR N.35
Two laser sensors detect the balls fall determining the softening point. The bath temperature is measured by an electronic system maintaining the gradient (5°C./min) as specified by the Standards.
A magnetic stirrer with electronic speed adjustment from 0 to 160 rpm also ensures an uniform temperature in the vessel during the test execution.
Two test parameters can be selected by the microprocessor menu:
- test on boiled distilled water for softening point from 30 to 80°C.
- test on glycerol for softening point from 80 up to 150°C.
Language selection: English, French, Spanish, German and Italian. Functions of: clock calendar, test number, user/customer name, general notes, start/end of the test. Real time visualisation of the bath temperature, test progress, rpm of the stirrer.
The tester is basically composed by:
- Ceramic-glass heating plate with automatic cut off at the end of the test cycle.
- Graphic high resolution display, 320x240 pixels with membrane keyboard.
- The microprocessor, through a friendly driven menu controls all the selected parameters of the: heater/stirrer, temperature probe, laser sensors, pre-heating phase of the plate, records all results in its permanent memory, storing up to 300 tests. RS 232 port for PC download.Steel balls centering device.
Large graphic display: 320x240 pixels
Memory up to 300 tests
RS 232 port for PC
Microprocessor friendly-driven menu to control all the test phases
Top quality components: laser sensors, electronic magnetic stirrer, ceramic-glass heating plate.