1. Single part polyurethane sealant
2. High modulus & tensile strength
3. Weatherpoof & waterproof
JOINFLEX 120 PU Sealant for Windscreen
JOINFLEX 120 Windshield PU Sealant is single part polyurethane based, high modulus sealant, which cures on exposure to atmospheric moisture to form elastomeric mastic.
JOINFLEX 120 Windshield PU Sealant has excellently water-proof, high bonding strength, oil resistant, aging resistant, salt fog resistant, and can bear long time vibration.
JOINFLEX 120 Windshield PU Sealantoffers excellent adhesion on glass and metal, it is most suitable for bonding windshield in the automotive industry.
Non-corrosion to substrates; Thixotropic ,no sag.
Little Volatile Odor
High modulus & tensile strength
Excellent adhesion on glass and metal surface
Paint-spray able Surface
As Supplied – tested at 23°C±2°C, RH50%±5%:
Aspect: Thixotropic Paste
Gravity, g/cm3 ~1.4
Tack Free Time, min. 30~60
Extrudability, ml/min. ≥80
Sag/Slump, mm ≤1
Curing depth, mm/24hr 3
Service Temp, °C -50 ~+110 (continuous)
+140 short time (up to 8 hrs)
Application Temp, °C +5~+45
As Cured – tested at 23°C±2°C, RH50%±5%
Hardness, 24H, Shore A ≥30
Hardness, 7d, Shore A ≥50
Depth of curing, 24H, mm ≥3
Depth of curing, 7d, mm ≥6
Recovery of elastic, % ≥85
Tensile modulus(MAX), MPa ≥6.0
Modulus at 100% elongation, MPa ≥3.5
Peel strength, N/mm ≥15
Shear strength, MPa ≥3.0
Elongation at break, % ≥450
Solid content, % ≥96
Resistance to dilute acids and bases General
Water and salt spray resistance Good
Compatibility with paints Yes
JOINFLEX 120 Windshield PU Sealant is used for sealing for automotive windscreen, windows and scuttles
JOINFLEX 120 Windshield PU Sealant is also suitable forsealing in automotive, caravan, ship building and railway industry.
JOINFLEX 120 Windshield PU Sealantis suitable for sealing, seam sealing, simple bonding as well as for vibration reduction and sound deadening measures in crash body repair and car body construction.
JOINFLEX 120 Windshield PU Sealant is not suitable for adapting to structural fitting and following situations:
1. To all surfaces that bleed oil, organic acid, alkali, plasticizers or solvents such as wood immersed in oil, oil crack filler, and some uncured or sulfurized fat and to surface where is wet;
2. To the substrate that the surface temperature exceeds +45°C or apply at temperatures below +5°C;
3. Use in the manufacturer of IG units;
4. To the surfaces that with direct touch of food.
5. Do not use for structural glazing.
6. Not recommended for continuous water immersion applications.
7. Not recommended for use in below ground joints or trafficable
8. Joints where abrasion and physical abuse are encountered.
9. Not recommended for none of both surfaces is porous.
10. Avoid exposure to high level of chlorine.
11. Avoid contact with alcohol and other solvent cleaners during cure.
12. Do not cure in the presence of curing silicone sealants.
13. Do not apply when a moisture vapour transmission condition exists at time of application, as this can cause bubbling within the sealant
HOW TO USE
APPLICATION TEMPERATURE: +5°C to +45°C
Cleanse with a cleaning agent, to keep the substrate surfaces completely clean(JOIN LEADER also provide the cleaning agent for your convenience).
Use the sealant after cleaning agent dries, around 1~2mins later. You can use two different cloth, one for cleaning agent, and the other for sealant. (Notice that the two can’t be mixed use together, and the second cloth will be better purified cotton and no picking.)
For better appearance, cover outside of joint areas with masking taps before application.
Cut nozzle to desired size and extrude sealant to joint areas.
Tool immediately after sealant application, make it smooth and remove masking tape before sealant skins.
12 months in unopened packaging in a cool and dry storage place at temperatures between +5°C and 25°C.
Grey, black and white.
Also we can produce the sealant with special color upon customers' requirement.