Patina Stain is a combination of metallic salts in water-based solutions that are slightly acidic.
Patina Stain is a combination of metallic salts in water-based solutions that are slightly acidic. By reacting with the free lime available after concrete has fully cured, stains penetrate and etch new or existing concrete that is free from sealers, paints, and other forms of resists. Stains form permanent precipitates, becoming part of the concrete. Color remains in the concrete pores which means color won’t chip, crack, fade or peel.
Uses and Benefits:
- produces a rich and variegated finish unique to each surface. Instead of covering up the concrete like a paint or coating, stains infuse color into the surface while also showcasing the character of the substrate.
- does not “cover up” the concrete surface but rather works in conjunction with the finish character of the substrate
- produces a variegated finish and beautiful patina, an “old world” surface effect, similar to the patination of bronze or the natural oxidation of copper
- reactive by nature. Stains are not paints or coatings, and therefore contain no pigments.
- available in eight standard colors. It creates expanses of rich color and marbleized hues from plain, gray concrete.
Pack Size: 1 gallon