is a versatile cement bonded particle board suitable for a wide range of applications
Prolith PB1 board:
- is a versatile cement bonded particle board suitable for a wide range of applications. Cement particle board represents an advantage in building board technology to meet increasingly stringent building regulations and demands for ever higher standards of durability, safety and economy
- contains no hazardous volatiles, it is asbestos free and it's process dust is non-aggressive. It may be sawn, planed, sanded, drilled, routed, nailed and screwed.
- has as main properties fire resistance with excellent sound attenuation. It is durable, even when unprotected, and is able to withstand the destructive influences of weather, moisture, insects, vermin and fungi. It is robust against impact, therefore the possibility of damage is reduced.
- will not build up static charges. It will also accept a wide variety of finishes.
- is made from the traditional building materials, cement and wood. The special process of blending results in a board having a unique combination of properties relevant to current needs. Due to the monolithic structure any exposed sawn edges are not vulnerable to weather damage.
- has a smooth finish in texture and light grey in colour.
- it is available in two types of finish: unsanded and calibrated. Unsanded is suitable for most decorative finishes. Calibrated is normal production, simultaneously sanded on both sides; it is used when a decorative laminate or veneer is to be applied or where minimal thickness tolerance is required.