Cooling Tower Coupling Solutions
Rexnord offers Addax and Thomas products to satisfy all your cooling tower coupling needs. Floating shaft couplings are used to connect units which are relatively far apart. Such arrangements are particularly suited to transmit power into areas where moisture, dust or corrosive conditions would adversely affect the driving machinery. Typical applications include cooling tower fan drives, paper machinery, printing presses, pumps and compressors. The Addax composite couplings are designed and manufactured specifically for cooling tower applications.
Addax Composite Couplings
Addax develiped and introduced the first all composite coupling 1986 and today there are thousands installed around the world. Desiigned and manufactured to starndards developed for the Aeropace industry, Addax couplings reflect the latest inadvanced composite technology. The use of advanced composite materials allow Addax coupling systems to feature:
- HIGH MISALIGNMENT TOLERANCE of one degree per end can be tolerated without damage to the drive shaft or connected euipment bearings. The patented Addax flexible elements are made from high strength composite materials.
- NO FRETTING CORROSION due to the use of Addax's patented, unitized, composite flexible elements. The flexible elements are designed for a theoretical infinite fatigue life at rated torque and are extremely corrosion resistant.
- EXTENDED SINGLE SPANS WITHOUT INTERMEDIATE BEARINGS can be accommodated which eliminates the need for periodic lubrication and bearing replacement. Addax composite couplings will span about twice the distance for a metal coupling while eliminating the need for intermediate bearings and muliple section drive shafts.
- LOW WEIGHT reduces vibration and bearing loads on connected quipment resulting in increased life and a further reduction in maintenance costs. Addax coupling systems are optimized to be the best in the industry.
- CORROSION RESISTANCE is a natural attribute. Addax coupling systems are manufactured from advanced composite materials that are extremely corrosion resistant. Metal components are selected to withstand a variety of harsh environments.316 Stainless Steel hubs hardware are standard construction.