There is now scientific evidence on the many health benefits of including negative ions in your environment.
Our surroundings are dominated by the technology of so called 'conveniences' of computers, televisions, copy machines, printers, microwave ovens, air conditioners and heaters, just to name a few. These conveniences emit excessive amounts of positive ions into the air we breathe, which can result in mental and physical exhaustion and effect overall wellness.
Perhaps you have noticed that your feeling of well being is intensified in pure mountain air, or at the seashore, or after a thunderstorm. This is due to the higher concentration of negative ions in these surroundings.
Europeans have been aware of the HEALTH BENEFITS of salt for generations, and people suffering from chronic congestive problems go to clinics located in salt mines for treatment! Its called SPELEOTHERAPY. The very dry, negative ion-rich environment of these salt mines helps to clear out The patients bronchial tubes and sinuses, and to kill bacteria and other microbes.
Care of Your Salt Candle :
Salt Lamps and candles have the ability to draw water from the surrounding atmosphere. Salt Crystal Lamps and candles should never be sprinkled with water, kept in a moist room or be placed outdoors. Sometimes, in moist or humid conditions, the surface may be slightly damp to the touch. Lighting it for a few hours will dry it very quickly. If crystallization occurs, just wipe with a damp cloth.
It is recommended that you light your lamp or candle every day for the best air purifying results. This will maintain a constant negative ionizing process and also repel excess moisture build up around the lamp or candle.
Cleaning Your Salt Lamp and Candle :
Gently wipe the lamp or candle with a damp (not soaking wet) towel or sponge to remove dust. Once cleaned, dry the with a paper towel or turn on the lamp or light the candle for a while.
If you choose to place a Salt Crystal Lamp or candle on a wooden surface, please ensure that it has a waterproof base so that you do not damage your furniture.