Red Clover Extract
^ National Flower of Denmark
^ State flower of Vermont
Red Clover Extract RAW METERIAL
Hong che zhou
Red Clover Extract
Inflorescence, branck & leaf with flower
Keepaway from moisture and strong light/heat
What is Red Clover Extract ? Red clover is a member of the pea family, native to Europe but found thoughout North America.
The red clover's small, aromatic red leaves give it its name. Within the flowers of the plant lie the potent compounds that give the herb its special therapeutic value.
Benefits of Red Clover Extract 1) Cancer Treatment - research from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) confirms that red clover extract contains four anti-tumor compounds. Red clover also contains the powerful antioxidant tocopherol, which is a form of Vitamin E. Antioxidants help prevent cancer and other diseases by fighting dangerous free radicals in the body.
2) Menopause Alleviation - Red clover contains isoflavones, potent phytoestrogens that stimulate estrogen tissue. Isoflavones help treat hot flashes, mood swings and loss of sexual desire. The benefits of red clover extract for health are getting more attention due to the powerful compounds red clover possesses
Red clover extract as antioxidant active and functional food ingredient:
- -Red clover extract as a rich source of isoflavonescontaining significant amounts of the four major estrogenicisoflavones genistein, daidzein, biochanin A andformononetin has a remarkable high content of totalpolyphenols which represents a characteristic parameterand indicating term in regard to their nutritional-physiologicalrole as bioactive substances in human nutrition.
- -Accordingly, a commercially available red clover foodsupplement preparation, which is primarily composed ofred clover extract with high amount of polyphenols,showed significant total polyphenol content.
- -In correlation with the high content of polyphenols,the red clover extract respectively red clover foodsupplement preparation showed effective antioxidant andradical scavenging activity.
- -Appropriate extracts and preparations of red clovermay be regarded as effective natural and functionaldietary food supplement due to their remarkable contentof polyphenolic substances and to their significant radicalscavenging capacity with special regard to theirnutritional-physiological implications and their healthpromoting effect.