1 Forty-Foot Container
US $1.9 - 2.7 / Liter19000 Liter/Liters
|Place of Origin:||
Multifunctional Lubricant for low speed marine diesel
Shell Melina S is a high performance multifunctional low speed diesel engine lubricant based on a blend of highly refined high viscosity index mineral oils and a balanced selection of additives. It is designed to provide the highest levels of machinery protection in highly rated low speed marine engines, but being multifunctional, can also be used in many different items of marine equipment and used to rationalise the number of grades of lubricant carried on board ship.
Please note that Shell Melina S is NOT recommended for trunk-piston engines and in these cases Shell Melina should be used.
• Low speed marine diesel engine crankcase and piston cooling systems
• Turbochargers, geared transmissions, oil lubricated stern tubes & deck machinery
• All ancillary equipment requiring an SAE 30 oil
Benefits of using Shell Melina S
Improved engine operation and reliability
• Shell Melina S effectively neutralises the highly corrosive combustion acids which can contaminate the main system when cylinder oil drains leak past piston rod glands
• Good resistance to corrosion results in protection of metal surfaces from corrosion
• Good detergency keeps crankcases and under piston spaces clean and optimise efficiency
• Good air release & antifoam properties mean that air is released from the oil without foaming
Lower Maintenance Costs
• Good Oxidation stability combats thermal degradation of the oil and extends its useful life
• Good water shedding properties mean that water can be easily removed by centrifuge
• Extreme pressure properties make the oil suitable many gear oil applications
• Shell Melina S Oil is approved by all major low speed diesel engine manufacturers.