|Place of Origin:||United States||Brand Name:||Morningstar||Model Number:||TS-MPPT-45, TS-MPPT-60|
Solar Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking
Morningstar’s TriStar MPPT solar controller with TrakStar Technology™ is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. The controller provides the industry’s highest peak efficiency of 99% and significantly less power loss compared to other MPPT controllers.
The TriStar MPPT features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV by rapidly finding the solar array peak power point with extremely fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve. This product is the first PV controller to include on-board Ethernet for a fully web-enabled interface and includes up to 200 days of data logging.
Maximizes Energy Harvest
Our TrakStar MPPT Technology features:
• Better peak power point tracking than other MPPT controllers.
• Very fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve • Recognition of multiple power points during shading or mixed PV arrays.
• Excellent performance at sunrise and low solar insolation levels.
Extremely High Reliability
• Robust thermal design and no cooling fans
• Parallel circuit design provides less stress and longer life for electronic components
• No mechanical relays
• Extensive electronic protections including PV short circuit protection
• Epoxy encapsulated inductors and conformally coated printed circuit boards
Very High Efficiency
• Peak efficiency of 99%
• Proprietary tracking algorithm minimizes power losses
• Low self-consumption
• Continuous operation at full power to 45°C without need to de-rate
• Selected electronic devices with higher ratings to minimize losses from heating
Extensive Networking and Communications Capabilities
•Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability. Uses open standard MODBUS™ protocol and Morningstar’s MS View software.
• Meterbus: communications between compatible Morningstar products
• Serial RS-232: connection to a personal computer
• EIA-485: communications between multiple devices on a bus
• Ethernet: fully web-enabled interface to a local network or internet; view from a web browser or send email/text messages.
Nominal System Voltage
12, 24, 36 or 48 volts DC
Max. Solar Open Circuit Voltage
Battery Operating Voltage Range
8-72 volts DC
Transient Surge Protection
Maximum Battery Current
12 Volt 600 Watts
12 Volt 800 Watts