REFLECTIVE MATERIAL - Reflective Spandex Fabric
V-REFLEX™ Reflective Spandex Fabric is intended for the application on high-visibility warning clothing such as occupational work wear, consumer garments and accessories to enhance the visibility of the wearer during darkness and low light conditions. The fabric will appear brilliant white, when illuminated by vehicle headlights, even when the wearer is situated at the side of the road.
- Consists of exposed high performance glass lenses bonded to a high durable spandex fabric backing.
- Is manufactured within an ISO 9002 controlled manufacturing environment.
- Silver grey color
- Exceeds the highest brightness requirements (EN 471 Level 2) for retroreflective material.
- Is non-orientation sensitive.
- High elasticity, high reflective
- Offers excellent drapability and smooth hand.
V-REFLEXTM Reflective Material - Reflective Spandex Fabric meet or exceed the following specifications as noted. All RA values are over 100 cd/lux/m2 measured at +5.0° entrance angle and 0.2° observation angle after tests are carried out according to following test methods
ANSI-ISAE 107-2010 level 2 , EN471-2009 level 2
Abrasion: RA >100
5000 cycles (EN 530 Method 2)
Flexing : RA >100
7500 cycles (ISO 7854 Method A)
Cold Fold : RA >100
-20° (ISO 4675)
Temperature Variation : >100
50 hours @ 50°C and 20 hours @ -30°C
Normal home wash
Wet Reflectivity : >100
ANSI-ISAE 107-2010, EN 471-2009
Can be sewed on various fabric and be used on reflective garments, sport cloth, bags, caps, shoes, gloves, etc personal protective equipment; Can be made into many decorations.
V-REFLEX™ Reflective Material - Reflective Spandex Fabric can be hand cut, die-cut or guillotined.
Note: Use very sharp cutting knives only and cut from the reflective side.
For the best results, sew in place using a lockstitch and with no more than 12 stitches per inch (2.54 cm), and not less than 5/64” (2 mm) from the edge of the reflective fabric. Recommend for applying to heavy and medium weight fabrics.
Store in a cool, dry area and use within 1 year of receipt.
Rolls should be stored in their original cartons, whilst partially used rolls should be returned to their carton or suspended horizontally from the core via a rod or pipe.
Cut sheets should be stored flat.
Reflective Spandex Fabric naturally age. Ageing depends upon material type, conditions of use, environment and maintenanceprocedures.
The retroreflective performance of all reflective materials is affected by soiling. Any kind of dirt, liquid chemicals, grease and alike will reduce brightness in the area of contamination.
Special Cleaning Instructions
- Chemical splashes should be removed with a soft, dry cloth. Cleaning the garment the same day is recommended.
- Splashes of strong acids or alkalis should immediately be neutralised with plenty of water.
- Contamination with toxic or poisonous substances or biocontamination will require the application of a specific decontamination process.
- Application of high alkaline products, high pH-products, bleaches etc. is not recommended.
- Do not overdry. The temperature of the material should not exceed 70°C at any time during drying.
Specific Safety Information
Various environmental factors, like line of sight, rain, fog, smoke, dust and visual noise can influence visibility.
The brightness of V-REFLEX™ Reflective Spandex Fabric can also be diminished in extreme weather conditions.
Test results show, Reflective Spandex Fabric exceeds the retroreflective performance requirements in rainfall conditions as defined in EN 471. Initial brightness levels return as the material dries.
- Fog, mist, smoke and dust can scatter the light from headlights, the wearer must be aware that detection distance will be severely reduced.
- Visual noise (contrast variations in the visual field) decreases the contrast of the reflective material with the background and affects the visibility in low-light conditions.