Terminalia Belerica Extract shows scavenging activity against mitochondrial lipid per-oxidation
- Decrease cholesterol level
Terminalia Belerica Extract
Baheda Extract/Belliric Myrobalan extract
Active Ingredient : Tannins 40% & Tannins 60%
Common Name : Beleric, Belliric Myrobalan
1. It shows scavenging activity against mitochondrial lipid peroxidation.
2. It causes significant decrease in cholesterol level.
3. It shows antimicrobial activity against bacteria and virus.
4. It shows significant inhibition of microsomal lipid peroxidation and reduction in triglyceride levels in liver.
5. It show reduction in total acidity and peptic activity and increase in mucin content. Curing Diseases :
1. It is useful in cough, bronchitis and pharyngitis.
2. It is used in dyspepsia, flatulence, dipsia, and vomiting.
3. It is used in ophthalmopathy, strangury, splenomegaly, cephalagia and general debility.
4. It is useful in skin diseases, leucoderma and greyness of hair. Research Information :
Terminalia belerica extract reduces the levels of lipids in hypercholesterolemic models. It causes significant decrease in liver lipids and heart lipids.