Vermicompost also called worm compost, vermicast, worm castings, worm humus. Vermicompost is a nutrient-rich, natural fertilizer
Worm Compost ( VERMICOMPOST )
Vermicompost, also known as and vermicast, is richer in many nutrients than produced by other methods.It also contains millions of microbes which help break down nutrientsalready present in the soil into plant-available forms.
Vermicompost benefits soil by
- improving its physical structure;
- enriching soil in micro-organisms, adding such as and , and adding such as and ;
- attracting deep-burrowing earthworms already present in the soil;
- improving water holding capacity;
- enhancing germination, plant growth, and crop yield; and
- improving root growth and structure.
Worm Tea can be poured onto the soil as liquid compost, sprayed as aplant food and is a wonderful product to fight fungal disease inplants. It is completely organic, can be used on vegetables and safe touse around children and pets! For food crops you may want to use WormTea once a week in the growing season. For ornamentals and lawns, onceor twice a month. It is great at helping break down thatch in yourlawn. Adding the Tea to a compost pile will help break down organicmatter.