|CAS No.:||50-81-7||Other Names:||L(+)-Ascorbic acid||MF:||C6H8O6|
|EINECS No.:||200-066-2||Type:||Other||Brand Name:||Longcom|
|Packaging Detail:||by 25kg cartons|
Ascorbic acid (VC)
1) Assay: 99.0%-100.5%
3) BP/USP Grade
4) Prompt delivery
Summary of the product
1. Product Function
Vitamin C takes part in many metabolism procedures in the human body, helps decrease brittleness of blood capillaries and increase body resistance. In addition to prevention of scurvy, it is often used as a supplement for treatment of acute or chronic infection diseases or purpura.
white monoclinic system crystals or crystalline powder.
Melting point 190C -192C, odorless but tastes sour. Color turns light yellow after long time storage. The product is easily soluble in water, slightly soluble in ethanol, insoluble in chloroform and ether and its water solution appears acidic. The PH value of the 5% water solution is 2.1-2.6 and the ratio rotation of the 10% (W/V) water solution is +20.5 - +21.5.
Other Functions Vitamin C is widely used in many fields such as food, beverage, breeding and forage additives.
Its main functions reflected in following aspects:
1) Keep food, fruits and beverage fresh and prevent them from producing unpleasant smell.
2) Prevent formation of nitrous amine from nitrous acid in meat products.
3) Improve dough quality and make baked food expand to its maximum.
4) Compensate the Vitamin C losses of beverage, fruits and vegetables during processing procedures.
5) Used as nutritional element in additives.