All surfaces should be sound, dry, clean, free of oil, dirt, grease, mildew, loose and flaking paint and other foreign substances.
The surface should be flat and sanded smooth.
1) Remove all oil/grease contaminants, loose rust, loose scale and loose paint.
2) Fill any minor cracks with an appropriate filler.
3) Surface should be flat and sanded smooth.
Previously Painted Surfaces:
1) Wash to remove contaminants.
2) Rinse thoroughly with water and allow to dry for 24 hours.
3) Remove loose paint.
4) Scrub heavy chalk exterior areas and overhead area with soap and water.
5) All existing mildew must be removed.