SCASTAR Soundless Cracking Agent, a Non-Explosive Expansive Silent Cracking Agent, is a highly expansive powder composition for stone breaking, granite and marble quarrying, concrete cutting and demolition. SCASTAR Soundless Cracking Agent is safe, environment friendly and a good and viable alternative to explosives and other traditional methods of quarrying and demolition. SCASTAR Soundless Cracking Agent is mixed with clean cold water and poured into the pre-drilled holes on rock or concrete. The diluted SCASTAR swells and exerts significant expansive power on the hole-wall, fracturing the wall and splitting the rock across the line of the drill holes. The SCASTAR is widely applied in static demolishment, quarry and some other special construction projects.
SCASTAR is a non-toxic powder consisting of oxides of calcium, silicon and aluminum, completely without harmful components. SCASTAR provides the most technically suitable and cost-effective solution in restricted demolition of rock and concrete structures, where nearby structures must be protected from shock waves generated by explosives. While explosives are more expensive due to long operating times, special transport, storage and handling precautions, and under strict monitor of public safety regulations.
- Easy to use: Take a certain amount of this product according to the service conditions, put into quantitative water and make mixture.
- Excellent flow property: High-performance surface active component makes the flow property and grouting much better.
- Broken speed: This product has good expansion effect and large expansion pressure, and the expansion effect appears in 5~24 hours.
- High security coefficient: The product formulation can be designed according to customers’ requirements, so sufficient operating time is left to avoid the operating risks.
- Stable product performance: Guarantee the product’s stability by selecting raw material with stable properties and doing precise product quality test.
- Setting Time: Initial setting≥10min, final setting≤150min.
- Expansion pressures in every age for different types.
- Crushing and demolition of reinforced concrete structures.
- Safe crushing and demolition of rocks, furnace lining, open caisson engineering, underground engineering, seabed engineering and some other special projects.
- Mining and cutting of granite, marble, jade and other stones.
Refer to following table about the situations of different broken objects from construction experiences:
Types of objects need crush
Usage Amount (Kg/m3)
Array Pitch (cm)
Unreinforced Concrete and Boulder Stones
1. Never look into the poured holes.
2. Always wear gloves and safety goggles during operation.
3. Immediately wash contacted body areas with clean water.
4. Keep product cool and dry and seal it timely.
5. When high temperatures, mix with ice water
6. Cover poured holes with tarpaulin.