Turcite is a thermoplastic resin used in industrial applications that require reduction of friction on bearings and moving parts.
Turcite is PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) resins with added fillers such as bronze, that are extruded into solid billets as opposed to compression molding. Billets are then skived to a nominal thickness in 24" wide rolls, with lengths varying depending on thickness. One side or both sides are etched depending on application to accept the adhesive. Turcite is a polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) based bearing material with low friction for machine tool industry linear bearing applications.
• Low friction without stick slip for positional accuracy at different velocities, especially low
• Low coefficient of friction in intermittent lack of lubrications
• Chemical resistant to a broad range of lubricants for extended product life
• Reduces machine tool vibration through damping characteristics
• Minimal abrasion of hardware, preventing damage to counter surfaces
• High wear resistance for extended product life
• Thicknesses to meet design requirements
* Inquiry and consulting support.
* Sample testing support.
* View our Factory.
* Training how to instal the machine, training how to use the machine.
* Engineers available to service machinery overseas.