|Modified Silicafume Gel- P1RB|
| Silicafume gel is an admixture with an exclusively patent formula produced and supplied under different classes. |
Class P1RB microsilica gel is developed to make high-strength, waterproof, impermeable and high-durable concrete as well as special quality mortar.
Class P1RB silicafume gel maximizes service life of structure by increasing concrete strength against physical, chemical, environmental and even internal destructive factors of concrete.
|- Different types of reinforced and unreinforced concrete structures |
- Waterproof concrete tanks and reservoirs.
- Marine structures, water transfer channels and tunnels.
- Heavy anti-radiant and explosion-proof structures.
- Structures exposed to abrasion, bridge decks and parking structures.
- Projects requiring decrease in concrete permeability for high-durability.
- Projects requiring high-strength concrete to reduce dimensions of the structure elements or increase span length.
- Structures requiring high elastic modulus.
- Precast concrete elements.
- Concrete requiring minimum electric conductivity.
|Class P1RB silicafume gel is available in 4, 12 and 25 kg packages. |
Customized packages can be delivered according to customer order.
|- Increasing concrete compressive strength|
Graph1: comparing concrete strength containing pozzolanic materials (%5 of used cement weight) with concrete without pozzolanic materials in constant situation and workability.
- Increasing concrete flexural strength
Graph2: comparing flexural strength concrete containing effective pozzolanic materials (%5 of cement weight) with concrete without pozzolanic materials in constant situation and workability.
- Increasing concrete tensile strength.
Graph3: comparing concrete tensile strength containing effective pozzolanic materials (%5 of cement weight) with concrete without pozzolanic materials in constant situation and workability.
- Remarkable decrease in water permeability in concrete which results in concrete waterproofing as well as increasing concrete durability.
Graph 4: comparing water penetration of concrete in equal workability and situation.
- Decrease in permeability of external destructive factors and Chlorine ion in cement paste which result in more durability.
Graph 5: comparing chlorine diffusion in cement paste for 5 mm penetration depth.
- Remarkable reduction in creep coefficient.
Graph 6: comparing creep coefficient 28 days after loading and curing.
- High increase in concrete abrasion strength.
Graph7: comparing concrete abrasion strength containing pozzolanic materials (%5 of used cement weight) with concrete without pozzolanic materials in constant situation and workability.
- Adjustment to concrete exothermic to solve thermal problem of mass concrete.
Graph8: concrete exothermic according to cement mass unit during the first 7 days in the same workability and situation and equal amount of pozzolanic materials (%5 of cement weight) with concrete without pozzolanic materials.
- Complementary and specific reaction as well as optimal workability of free lime absorption because of dispersion, ultra-micronization and super-activity of gel elements.
For example: - High fluidity of concrete without superplasticizer
- High reduction of w/c ratio in concrete formula because of gel superplasticization
- Comparing with microsilica powder, it is easier to handle, store and use.
Graph9: Volume of per ton microsilica and gel compare with water.
- Health and hygiene protection of staff and work-site as well as complete elimination of disallowed pollution according to recommended TLV and Iran work health law
Graph 10: Comparing percentage of successful work-sites that consider permissible TLV against microsilica pollution in work-site.
- Remarkable increase in electrical resistance.
Graph 11: A comparison of electrical resistance in concrete with and without pozzolanic materials and admixtures in constant situation and workability.
|- Appearance: jelly-like in static state and fluid after shaking. |
- Color: Gray
- Specific Gravity: 1.4
- Chlorine: Nil (less than permissible standard)
- Nitrate: Nil
- Freezing point: 0 °C
- Flash point: None
How to use:
|Add %5 to %8 of used cement to P1RB to concrete. Class P1RB silicafume gel can be added at the time of concrete making in batching or after concrete making in truck mixer. If class P1RB silicafume gel is added in to truck mixer, be sure of complete mixture of gel and concrete. According to experimental results P1RB class gel should be mixed in truck mixer for 2-5 minutes. To get the best result, use P1RB gel in two stages. One part of gel into batching and another part as a reminder dose should be added to truck mixer 5 minutes before using. |
The effects of underuse or overuse of Gel :
|Under-using of %5 silicafume gel leads to lack of superplasticizering effects and reduction of workability, free lime absorption rate and also relative decrease in all mentioned concrete properties containing gel, However under-using of gel in some cement and under specific conditions results in successful and economical experiences. |
Overusing of %8 of cement weight of class P1RB silicafume gel in concrete should be according to previous experiments in coordination with technical department of FABIR company as for as Possible.
|Class P1RB silicafume gel is not flammable and does not threaten user's health, but probable splash should be immediately washed by cold water. |