Salvadora Persica Extract is tonic, stimulant and emmenagogue and used to relieve splenalgia
Swertia Chirata Extract / herbal extract
- Botanical Name : Salvadora Persica
- Family Name : Salvadoraceae
- Common Name : Salt Bush, Toothbrush, Pilu
- Part Used : Bark, Leaves, Shoots & Fruits
- Habitat : On saline lands and black cotton soil of peninsular india and sri lanka.
- Product offered : Stem
Root bark is tonic, stimulant and emmenagogue and used to relieve splenalgia. The stem bark is good for gastropathy.
Leaves are antiscorbutic, diuretic, anthelmintic, astringent, expectorant and tonic. They are useful in asthma, bronchitis, cough, strangury, painful tumors, constipation, verminosis and haemorrhoids. Shoots and leaves are bitter and used in cough and bronchitis.
Fruits are sweet, bitter, thermogenic, aphrodisiac, emollient, stomachic, purgative and digestive. They are useful in constipation, flatulence and seminal weakness. Tender twigs are used as toothbrush. The extract of the root is said to relive the pain due to spleen troubles. Seed oil is applied on the skin in rheumatism.