The cell of Bacillus subtilis is straight rod-shaped, no capsule, with flagella around the cell, and can move. It is Gram-positive, its spore is 0.6-0.9 × 1.0-1.5μm, ellipsoidal or cylindrical, in central or slightly deviated position of cell body, and the cell body is not dilated after spore is formed.
It is a probiotic bacterium officially approved by U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1989 and the Ministry of Agriculture of China in 1999.
The bacterium has single species, no drug resistance, no toxicity to animals and other features.
2. Working Mechanism
• Biologically capture oxygen and promote the growth and reproduction of good anaerobic microorganisms to maintain intestinal ecological balance;
• Antagonize pathogenic microorganisms and improve in vitro-in vivo ecological environment;
• Enhance immune function and promote animal’s disease resistance;
• Promote the development of animal intestines and enhance the activity of digestive enzymes;
• Produce a variety of nutrients such as vitamins, amino acids, organic acids, and promoting growth factor etc.