Coating thickness gauge for paint and automotive industry
Packaging & Delivery
Single package size:
Single gross weight:
Inner : Plastic Box ; Outer : Paper Carton Box
1 - 5
To be negotiated
QNix 4500: The global bestseller for standard applications.
A handy and robust gauge for easy and fast coating thickness measurements – for all paint and automobile applications.
QNix® 4500--our best selling coating thickness gauge for paint and automotive industry
Place of Origin: Germany
With the QNix® 4500, precise measurements on steel, iron and non-ferrous metals are simply perfect. Switch between the measuring procedures by simply pressing the button.
No calibration required. High precision over the entire measuring range: Fe3000μm and NFe 3000μm.
The sensitive QNix® 4500 measuring probe is fully integrated into this extremely small, light and handy gauge-optionally available as Cabel Probe. Its readable LCD informs about readings, battery condition, mode of operation and serial number.
1. Gauge for standard applications-easy,safe and fast measurements.
2. One-hand operation. Only one button.
3. No calibration.
4. Automatic On/Off.
5. High precision over the entire measuring range: Fe 0-5000μm and NFe 0-3000μm.
6. Broad spectrum of use for non-destructive measurements on steel, iron and non-ferrous metals such as aluminum, zinc, copper and brass.
7. Proven technology: Hall sensor and Eddy Current technology.
8. Acoustic signal confirms taking of a measurement.
9. Wear-proof ruby probe tip for long-term use.
1. Large clear numbers for optimum readability.
2. Precise display of readings, battery condition, mode of operation and serial number.
3. Backlit display.
Two magnetic measuring principles:
Fe: Magnetic-Flux/Hall Effect ref Fe*
NFe: Eddy Current (QNix 4500 only)
Standards & Regulation
DIN EN ISO 2808, ISO 2178, ASTM B 499,
ASTM D 7091
(QNixR 4500 only: ISO 2360)
integrated or - optional - Cable Probe with 1 m cable
Fe: 0.0 – 3000 um
NFe: 0.0 – 3000 um (QNix 4500 only )
Metric System µm/mil
Single measurement: 850 ms
from 0.0 – 999 in um, from 1000 um in mm
1 μm in the range up to 999 um,
0.01 mm in the range from 1 mm
Accuracy referred to
Automation reference standard
1 = +/- (3%* + 2um) ; 2 = +/- (5%* + 2um)
Minimum Measuring Area
Diameter 25 mm
convex: 5mm, concave: 25mm
Minimum Substrate Thickness
Fe: 0.2 mm
NFe: 0.05 mm (QNix 4500 only)
0 - 50 temperature (32 – 122 °F)
-10 - 60 temperature (14 – 140 °F)
2 x Batteries: 1.5 V (Type AA alcaline)
Dimensions (L x W x H in mm)
100 x 60 x 27 (gauge with integrated probe)
(1) * of the measurement
(2) Fe* : Measuring of non-ferromagnetic coatings on ferromagnetic substrate, for example measuring on steel- or iron-substrates.
(3) NFe* : Measuring of non-ferromagnetic and electrically non-conductive coatings (insulating coatings) on non-ferromagnetic and electrically conductive substrate, for example measuring on aluminum-, zinc-, brass- and certain stainless ( high-grade ) steel-substrates.