Glycerine is useful in a variety of applications, glycerol is used as a solvent, plasticizer and humectant. In polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, glycerol is used in sample preparation and gel formation. At a concentration of 5-10%, glycerol is used to increase the density of a sample so that it will layer at the bottom of a sample well. Additional uses include as an aid in casting gradient gels, a protein stabilizer and storage buffer component.
Glycerin Content,(% ) ≥
Density(20°C,g/ml? ) ≥
Sulfate Ash,(% ) ≤
Acidity or Alkalinity,(mmol/100g) ≤
Saponification Equivalent,(mmol/100g )≤
Arsenic Content(As,mg/kg) ≤
Extractable Metal Content(Pb,mg/kg)≤
No precipitation or silver mirror
1) In medicine, it is used to making various preparations, solvent, hygroscopic agent, antifreeze and sweeteners, preparation for external use ointment or suppository, with glycerol nitroglycerin used for explosive materials.
2) In the coatings industry, it is used for making all kinds of alkyd resin and polyester resin, epoxy resin and glycidyl ether.
3) In textile and printing industry, it is used for preparing wetting agent hygroscopic agent, fabric anti-creasing shrink proof treatment agent, dispersant and penetrating agent.
4) In the food industry , it is used as sweetener, tobacco hygroscopic agent and solvent
5) In addition, in the paper, cosmetics, leather, photography, printing, metal processing rubber and other industries widely application