Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), also known as Indian ginseng, Winter cherry, Ajagandha, Kanaje Hindi and Samm Al Ferakh, is a plant in Solanaceae or nightshade family.It grows as a stout shrub that reaches a height of 170cm. Ashwagandha provides energy and a rejuvenating lift while at the same time offering a calming effect.
1. Applied in food field, it is mainly used as food additives for colorant and health care. 2. Applied in cosmetic field, it is mainly used to whitening, anti-wrinkle and UV protection. 3. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is made into capsules to prevent cancer.
1. Ashwagandha is recognized as having significant antioxidant and immune-enhancing functions.
2. Ashwagandha extract and other plants with aphrodisiac effect (such as coffee, Turner grass, Kava root and Chinese Epimedium, etc.) can be processed into the treatment of male erectile dysfunction drug.
3. Ashwagandha also excellent sedation has been used to induce sleep.
4. Ashidone lactone anti-inflammatory effect can inhibit the growth of cancer cells can also be used for chronic inflammation such as lupus and rheumatism, reduce leucorrhea, improve sexual function, etc., but also help the rehabilitation of chronic diseases.