You need memory for your computer, but how should you choose the right kind? Whether you're upgrading your computer or building a new one, learn now.
1. If you bought your computer from a manufacturer, use a search engine or go to the manufacturer's site to find the specs on your
model. The max RAM found in the specs is likely the max RAM the whole system supports. To find the largest size module the
system supports, divide the max supported RAM by the number of slots. Also listed in the specs should be the max speed
supported and DDR type (listed as DDR, DDR2, or DDR3). Alternatively, instead of max speed and DDR type, the specs may list
something like PC, where the "#" is some number. This is just a different way of representing speed and DDR type, and
works equally well in finding the right RAM. If you know the largest supported module, max supported speed, and DDR type, skip to
the Tips and Warnings section.
2. If you're building a new computer, follow the above step, except search for motherboard model specs rather than computer
model specs. If you don't know the model, look for it printed on the board.
3. If you couldn't find your computer's specs, the info wasn't detailed enough, or you have a custom-built computer, also in the resources below and download the freeware SIW. Install and run it. On the left side, under the
"Hardware" section, select "Memory."
4. The "Memory Summary" section on the right side shows the maximum amount of memory that can be installed in the system
(listed as "Maximum Capacity"), and below that is the number of memory slots (listed as "Memory Slots"). The "Device Locator"
sections tell whether or not memory is installed in that slot. To get the largest size module the motherboard supports, divide the
"Maximum Capacity" by "Memory Slots." To get the speed and type, look under the "Device Locator" section, for the listing "Memory
Type." Write down the PC#- part, where "#" is some number. Also for the listing "Speed," write down the value in parenthesis.
For example, in 333 MHz (DDR2 667), write down only the (DDR2 667). You now have the largest supported module, RAM speed,
and DDR type. You can use either the PC r the speed and type when searching for RAM.
5. In Step 4, you found a supported RAM speed, but it may not be the fastest supported. Just to make sure, look to the left side in
SIW. Under the "Hardware" section, select "Motherboard." Using this info, go to the manufacturer's site or do a web search, and see
if you can find what maximum RAM speed the motherboard supports.
6. If you're building a new computer and need to buy RAM, look up the specs on your motherboard to find out what kind of memory it
7. The RAM you buy should be no larger than the max supported module size, and should match the type and speed supported by
Collocation Buy more offers
Packaging & Shipping
Q1:Is GHT a manufacturer or a trading company?
A: We are Alibaba's 20-year manufacturer and 8-year gold supplier, global resources. We sell both overseas and local markets.
Q2:Can you provide a sample test?
Sample orders are very popular, but we charge a sample fee. Let the product quality and service prove us.
Q3:How is the quality of your products different from those of other Chinese products?
Our products are aimed at overseas markets, all products are designed for overseas markets, while other suppliers are mainly for the Chinese domestic market. For overseas markets, the requirements for product quality and system stability are higher.
Q4:Is your product as good as European products?
In recent years, the quality difference between Chinese and European products has become smaller and smaller, and the price difference is still large. Usually European products are 2-5 times more expensive than our products.
Q5:We are a big company and we need more customization.
A: Support OEM, ODM. Provide all customized services, including CDs, brochures and startup animation logos, etc...
Q6:What are the main advantages of your product?
(1) Since we are manufacturers, we control every detail of production and always try our best to improve the quality of long-term business.
(2) Since we are manufacturers and do not have middlemen, we are able to sell our products at competitive prices.