Clear Powder Coating \Transparent powder coating Mainly made of hydroxyl polyester resin and curing agent. It is a kind of high transparent powder coating with excellent leveling. It can be used as top coat of metallic powder coatings. Shining Clear is available.
Good flow and leveling
Enhance the look of a colored powder coating
Standard and Test Method
7-8 m2 on specific gravity
For best performance, use within 6 months. When kept in a dry and cool area at temperatures below < 25℃.
ISO2409 2mm Cross Hatch
ISO1519 3 mm Mandrel
ISO6272 Direct Impact 40-50kg.cm
Salt Spray Test
No Obvious Change <1mm Penetration
ISO7253 5% NaCl Solution at Relative Humidity for 500 Hours
No Obvious Change
5% NaOH Dip 120 Hours
No Obvious Change
5% HCL Dip 120 Hours
Health and safety
Please Consult the Material Safety Datasheet (MSDS)
Advantages of Powder Coating
1. Environment-friendly: Powder coatings are compliant with environmental regulations emit zero volatile organic compounds (VOC).
2. Energy Saving:95% powder utilization: Any powder overspray can be recycled, and the recovered powder can be blended with virgin powder to provide up to 95% utilization.
3. Economy: Capital equipment and operating costs for a powder line are generally less than for conventional liquid lines.
4. Efficiency: Powder coating are no need to wait for drying, so processing time is reduced and faster than traditional wet painting, where the product must dry between coats.
5. Excellence of Finish performance: Powder coatings provide superior consistency and uniformity and durable films of finish without sags, drips, runs, or bubbles.
Packaging & Shipping
How many coats are applied with powder coating?
Powder coatings are generally a one coat finish, applied to suitably cleaned and pre-treated substrates. Some coatings such as metallics may require a clear coat to protect the metallic effect.
Can powder coatings be applied straight onto metal substrates?
Whilst powder coatings generally require no primers, it is important to provide a clean and pre-treated surface for the powder coat to adhere to. Metals that are planned for internal locations can escape the need for pre-treatment.
Transport and Storage?
The product must be stored in ventilated, dry and clean room with temperature below 25℃, Keep it away from fire, heat, and direct sunlight.
Outdoor stacking is prohibited. Avoid rains and exposure to sunshine during shipment.
The period of validity is 6-12 month under above condition. Expired products can not be used unless re-testing result meets the utilization standards.
How are powder coatings manufactured?
Powder coatings are produced by dry blending resins, pigments, additives and curing agents which are then extruded at elevated temperatures to melt and mix the ingredients.
The material then becomes thick and viscous like a honey mixture which is cooled using super chilled water, before the material is crushed progressively to a fine, well defined particle size.
Specialised equipment including rotary sieves and particle size measuring equipment is used to monitor and control the particle size distribution.