1. Remove the test strip from its protective pouch (bring the device to room temperature before opening the pouch to avoid condensation of moisture on the membrane). Label the device with patient or control number.
2. Fill a test tube or urine cup with sample.Holding the strip vertically,place it into the sample container.the urine level should not be higher than the mix level indicator line on the strip.Do not cover the urine over the max (maximum) line. You may leave the strip in the urine or you may take the strip out after a minimum of 15 seconds in the urine and lay the strip flatly on a non-absorptive clean surface.)
3. and then start the timer. Use a separate pipette and device for each sample or control.
4. Read result between 3 to 8 minutes after the addition of samples. Do not read result after 8 minutes.
Note: A very faint line on the test region indicates that the methadone in the sample is near the cut-off level for the test. These samples should be re-tested or confirmed with a more specific method before a positive determination is made.
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS 1. Positive. One-rose band appears on the control region no band appears in the test reagion.A positive result indicates the MTD level is above the detection sensitivty of 300ng/ml
2. Negative: Two pink-rose color bands appear,one in the control reagion and one in the test region. A negative result indicates that the MTD ecgonine level is below the detection sensitivity of 300ng/ml.
Invalid. If there are no distinct color bands visible in both the test zone and the control zone or if there is a visible band in the test zone but not in the control zone, then the test is invalid. In this instance, retesting of the specimen is recommended.
Note: in order to prevent any incorrect results, the test results should not be interpreted after five minutes. if the concentration of drugs in sample is close to cutoff value of the test, the test band may be indistinct. Standard samples with such results can be thought the indistincted line of cutoff value of 300ng/ml. If the test band does not appear, the result is can be judged positive.